Dr. Fabrizio Orlandi left SDA. The profile below reflects the status at the point of his departure and is no longer updated.
Dr. Fabrizio Orlandi is a senior researcher in in the “Enterprise Information Systems” (EIS) department at Fraunhofer IAIS and at the Smart Data Analytics (SDA) group at the University of Bonn. His research interests range from Knowledge Engineering, Social Semantic Web and Linked Open Data, to Web Personalization, User Modelling and Recommender Systems. In 2014, Fabrizio received his Ph.D. from the Faculty of Engineering at the National University of Ireland, Galway. Prior to joining Fraunhofer, Fabrizio also contributed to research efforts (2010-2014) at the Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI), at that time the largest Semantic Web Research centre worldwide. In 2014–2015, Fabrizio was an ERCIM fellow under the Alain Bensoussan Fellowship Programme. Currently, he has the role of coordinator for the H2020 OpenBudgets.eu project and actively contributes to H2020 projects such as BigDataOcean and SLIPO.
- Semantic Web
- Linked (Open) Data
- Social Web
- User Modelling
- SLIPO – Scalable Linking and Integration of Big POI Data
- BigDataOcean – Exploiting Oceans of Data for Maritime Applications
- OpenBudgets.eu – Financial Transparency Platform for the Public Sector
- ODINE – Open Data Incubator Europe
- LinDA – Enabling Linked Data and Analytics for SMEs by renovating public sector information