The Smart Data Analytics group at the Computer Science Institute of the University of Bonn is looking for student assistants who will support us in our teaching and/or research activities.
- You must be enrolled as a student at a German university throughout the duration of your student assistant contract
- If you apply for a teaching assistant position in one of our master courses you need proficiency in spoken and written English.
- If you apply for a teaching assistant position in one of our bachelor courses you need proficiency in spoken and written German.
- If you apply for research assistant positions you need to be proficient in the respective working language of the project, either German or English.
In addition to the above formal requirements, we expect you to have at least keen interest in one of the following areas. Prior experience in one of these areas is definitely a plus:
- Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Mining
- Big Data / Horizontal Scalability
- Knowledge Graphs, Semantic Technologies and Linked Data
- Natural language processing, in particular Question Answering and Dialogue Systems
- Software Engineering, in particular Software Quality Asessment and Improvement
- The payment will be according to the standard payment scale for student assistants.
- As a teaching assistant you will deepen your own knowledge of the taught subject, gather experience in teaching and improve your communiation and management skills
- As a research assistant you will get to know interesting aspects of current reasearch projects, gather experience in conducting research and develeopment and gain deep knowledge in subjects that are too advanced to be ever taught in regular courses
- You will work at one of the leading German Universities and will possibly enjoy a close collaboration with Fraunhofer IAIS, a leading research institute for large scale machine learning and data mining.
To apply, please send a mail to SDAfirstname.lastname@example.org including a CV and a motivation letter. Applications are possible until all positions have been filled. Please do not send mails larger than 10MB.
The University of Bonn is an equal opportunities employer.
For other SDA job offers see our Job Offers Overview page.