We are looking for PhD Students / Research Associates — German: Wissenschaftliche(r) Mitarbeiter(in)) — at the Computer Science Institute at the University of Bonn.
- A Master degree in a relevant field (Computer Science or related).
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Experience in one of the following areas:
- Big Data, Machine Learning, Data Mining
- Semantic Technologies and Linked Data
- Geo spatial data modeling and analysis
- Natural language processing, in particular Question Answering
- Keen interest in top level conference and journal publications
- Co-supervision of Master- and Bachelor thesis
- Experience in software development and project management
- Interest in transferring research results into practice and commercializing them
- You will be able to efficiently work towards your doctorate in a group of excellent scientists.
- You will work at one of the leading German Universities and will enjoy a close collaboration with Fraunhofer IAIS, as a leading research institute for large scale machine learning and data mining.
- The payment will be between 50% and 100% TV-L 13 and the contract duration between 2 and 4 years depending on previous experience and involvement in projects.
- You will get financial support to attend related conferences and the possibility to obtain a discounted public transport ticket.
To apply, please send a mail to SDAemail@example.com including a CV, a master certificate, a motivation letter including a short overview of previous research activities. Letters of recommendation and writing samples (e.g. prior publication or master thesis excerpt) are optional. Applications are possible until all positions have been filled. Please do not send mails larger than 10MB.
The University of Bonn is an equal opportunities employer.
For other SDA job offers see our Job Offers Overview page.