We are looking for postdoctoral researchers — German: Wissenschaftliche(r) Mitarbeiter(in) — at the Computer Science Institute at the University of Bonn.
- A completed PhD and Master degree in a relevant field (Computer Science or related).
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Experience in one o the following areas:
- Big Data, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Statistics, Mathematics
- Semantic Technologies and Linked Data, Knowledge Representation, Theoretical Computer Science
- Geospatial data modeling and analysis
- Natural language processing, in particular Question Answering
- Keen interest in top level conference and journal publications
- Co-supervision of PhD, Master- and Bachelor thesis
- Interest in acquiring and running research and industry projects
- Experience in software development and project management
- Interest in transferring research results into practice and commercializing them
- You will work at one of the leading  German Universities and have the opportunity to build your own research team. The goal is to perform internationally leading research which can be applied in high impact use cases.
- You will enjoy a close collaboration with Fraunhofer IAIS  as a leading research institute for large scale machine learning and data mining.
- The payment will be between 50% and 100% TV-L 13 and the contract duration between 2 and 4 years depending on previous experience and involvement in projects.
- You will get financial support to attend related conferences and the possibility to obtain a discounted public transport ticket.
To apply, please send an e-mail to SDAfirstname.lastname@example.org including a CV, a master certificate, a motivation letter including a short overview of previous research activities, two letters of recommendation and a writing sample (e.g. prior publication or master thesis excerpt). Applications are possible until all positions have been filled. Please do not send mails larger than 10MB.
The University of Bonn is an equal opportunities employer.