Akademischer Rat / Akademische Rätin
We are looking for a senior researcher (Akademischer Rat on payment scale 100% A13 , comparable to Assistant Professor) for 3 years with possible extensions.
- A completed PhD and Master degree in a relevant field (Computer Science or related).
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Experience in “one of” (not necessarily more) the following areas:
- Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Mining, Statistics, Mathematics, Big Data
- Semantic Technologies and Linked Data, Knowledge Representation, Theoretical Computer Science
- Geospatial data modeling and analysis
- Natural language processing, in particular Question Answering
- An outstanding track record in publishing at top level conferences and journals
- Experience in acquiring and running research and industry projects
- Responsibility for courses at the Computer Science Institute for 3 hours per week (4 SWS)
- Co-supervision of PhD, Master- and Bachelor thesis
- Experience in software development and project management
- Interest in transferring research results into practice
- You will work at one of the leading  German Universities and have the opportunity to build your own research team within SDA. The goal is to perform internationally leading research which can be applied in high impact use cases.
- The candidate will be supported with personal resources to the extent possible as well as an integration into an international collaboration network.
- You will enjoy a close collaboration with Fraunhofer IAIS  as a leading research institute for large scale machine learning and data mining.
- The payment will be 100% A13 for 3 years with a possible extensions.
- You will get financial support to attend related conferences.
To apply, please send a mail to SDA Applications including a CV, a master certificate, a motivation letter including a short overview of previous research activities, two letters of recommendation and a writing sample (e.g. prior publication or master thesis excerpt). Applications are possible until all positions have been filled. Please do not send mails larger than 10MB.